This one day course teaches the necessary knowledge and skills to operate a medium vehicle safely.
- Pre-start inspections for the medium rigid vehicle
- Defensive driving techniques in a range of operational conditions
- Fatigue management
- Journey Management (in alignment with policy)
- Maintenance and refuelling procedures
- Map reading and navigational techniques
- Road rules and medium rigid specific regulations
- Correct method of entry and egress
- Loading and securing methods
Pre-Requisites and Requirements:
- A valid and appropriate drivers licence (Class MR or higher)
- Blood alcohol reading of 0.00% on commencement of each training day Participants must provide their own medium vehicles.
Elements of the course:
- Plan for medium vehicle operations
- Operate medium vehicle
- Carry out operator maintenance and house keeping
National Competency Achieved:
RIIVEH202E – Operate a medium vehicle
Dates: This course is offered for group bookings (minimum numbers may apply) Please contact our office to arrange a suitable date.
Cost: Please contact our office for pricing
Superseded Package versions: RIIVEH202D - Operate a medium vehicle and RIIVEH202A - Operate a medium vehicle